Flowers with vintage buttons

There’s cute flowers all over the blogs lately! I decided to try my hand at some…

and I’m really happy with how they turned out! They’re so easy to make…you can definitely make some in no time! Start with a silky fabric, and follow these instructions (click on the picture to see it enlarged):

All of the fabric was remnants on 70% off sales, and the buttons were from my local thrift store.
I love that these can be used to embellish sweaters (I swear I wear a cardigan EVERY day…this can help make them more pretty!)

Or they can be used to dress up a headband:
You can hot-glue them to a picture frame…cork board…then possibilities are endless!

P.S…I added a LOT of new items to my Etsy shop today! Come check them out! :)

Related posts:

Comments

1. Miss Madison's Mommy says:

I love the colors you used, the buttons add just the right touch! Very cute!!

2. Rebecca@This Present Life says:

Super cute! I've been wanting to make some fun, new accessories…I think I just found my next project!

3. Love them! Super cute! Great job!

4. This is an awesome post, I would really love it if you linked this up to Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage, the link will be up all Week! Take care, Mary :O)

5. Amanda @ Mamaslittleladybugs.blogspot.com says:

W-O-W!! Stunning! I thought those were metal before I even read the blog. See, those are flowers I could actually wear to work without looking like I borrowed them from my 9 yr old. Are you selling these on Etsy as well?

6. These are gorgeous. I've got them on my craft to do list as well. I love the color flower you choose too. So fancy.

7. Maries Cottage says:

WOW those are beautiful!!! I'm with Amanda, I thought they were metal too!!! :)

8. Just stumbled upon your site and I love it. You have a lot of great ideas and I will be following regularly! I am starting up a blog, more so as an online journal, but this gives me something to aspire to!

9. Carrie at In the Hammock Blog says:

these are so pretty, love the fabric!

10. Still love these. Thanks for linking up! :)

11. I found you from linking up with Allison at A Glimpse inside! These are so cute! I will add this to my craft to-do list. Thanks for sharing!

xoxo
    Kelli @ loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

12. Adorable!! I LOVE these. I've been obsessed with fabric flowers too (I just posted some as well)…these are the ones I'm planning on trying next!

13. The Crafty Gals says:

Love them! The button embellishments are perfect!
    ~Mary

14. Brooke Anna says:

I love the color of them:)
    Found you through the linky. I'm at mommydoes.blogspot.com :)
    New follower.

15. Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence says:

These are really elegant looking! Thanks so much to linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence.

16. Brambleberry Cottage says:

Oooh, so pretty. Thanks for the tutorial. I find great bargains on fabrics at thrift stores. I buy actual fabric remnants and skirts, shirts, sheets, any and everything in fabrics that I like and can use to make other things.

Thanks for joining the party!

Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

17. Beautiful! Good luck with the sales!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success

18. amyg @ My 3 Monsters says:

That is a very classy take on this project. I adore them!

19. someonesgottapay says:

Thanks for the tutorials! I need these for all the cardigans I wear too!

20. Suzy @ Joy Is At Home says:

I love these! They look awesome on your shirt! And I totally agree, I wish we lived closer!! Lily would just love your puppy!!!

21. Christina A-BEAR says:

Ok I think those are the CUTEST flowers Ive seen yet! The buttons make them DARLING!!
    now following !
    Jumped over from Catch a Glimpse Thursday party :)

22. So pretty! I love vintage buttons too! :-)

23. Christine says:

these are adorable! I also wear cardis every day, I will have to try this. I hope that you will link this up to my Show and Share Sunday linky party, going on all week. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/01/show-and-share-sunday_23.html

24. These are so adorable! I have a ton of vintage buttons I got from my great grandmother's these would be a great use for them. I host a linky party on Saturdays called Sew Crafty Saturdays. I would love for you to come check it out and add some of your projects!

25. Christine says:

I love the different buttons you used, great combos, love it
    Christine
    greatoakcircle.com

26. Titti @ Shoestring Pavilion says:

Those flowers are really cute, I need to finally get it together and make some of my own :)

27. Rachael says:

Love the burnt curled edges (sounds funny!!) They give a different look that is really neat.

Trackbacks

1. […] this post.  I put mine in a free spray-painted frame, and put some rosettes & a silk flower (tutorial here) on the right side.  I mounted the 8×10 picture on some scrapbook paper and put it in the […]