Mirrored Centerpiece

I shared this morning how I got some amazing thrifty things at my local ReStore lately…one of them being this little mirror:

the beautiful detailing practically screamed, “Take me home now!” while it was surrounded by a pile of junk. Of course I listened!

First step: CLEAN the mirror. I was surprised how it was truly in perfect condition!

Second: Tape off & Prime

Third: Spray Paint
Fourth: Remove the tape, and decorate!

I chose simplicity for right now. White candles make me calm and happy. When I’m calm and happy, my husband and my dog can relax a little bit more :)
Come to a calm place with me…

I got the silver candlesticks for 90 cents each at the thrift store about a year ago, and I hadn’t found the right place for them. I think these are a perfect match for the tray!

I had to post what Buckley was doing while I was taking these pictures…he’s just living the life on his heated blanket, wondering why his mommy is so strange:

Cost:

Mirror: $4
Spray paint: on hand
Candles: from my stash
Candlesticks: $1.80 for two
Total cost: $5.80
I will be keeping the white candles on for now…but I know this will be something I’ll look forward to changing as the seasons change!
DIY Club

Related posts:

Comments

1. OMG.. you never cease to amaze me- this is beautiful. I thrift shop from time to time and never seem to have this kind of luck- maybe luck will strike this summer when I have more time.

how are things going with your new friend? (in class)

2. Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims says:

This is gorgeous!! Looks very peaceful :)

3. Carmie of the Single Nester says:

Looks very elegant and easy! I have never been to a ReStore. I must get there.

4. Great find! You are awesome!

5. Katie @ OhhBaby says:

This is beautiful! I love the re-store!

6. Hey girl! That is beautiful! I saw one of those at my thrift store last week- I should have picked it up- it looks beautiful with candles on it :)

7. Very nice! This just made me think of the mirrored vanity tray I have that's gold colored. I could do the same thing with it!!! I would like it so much better if it wasn't gold!!!

8. Kim @ Second Time Furniture says:

How lovely!

9. Erika . . . with a K says:

This looks beautiful!! You did such a nice job and the candles look great! Buckley is so cute!

10. This is beautiful! Definitely calming, and white candles are so timeless. Nice find!

11. Miss Madison's Mommy says:

Love it! I need one of these for my dresser in my bedroom!

12. Orange it Lovely says:

gorgeous!! Great find. I love the restore!!
    Tana

13. Anna @ Take the Side Street says:

What a great find :) I never have this kind of luck!

14. I love great thrifty finds :)

15. Courtney and Heather says:

I love this!

{Heather}

16. the cape on the corner says:

love that! glad you didn't pass it up!

17. I love it! I'm all about mirrors and candles they dance with light. this tray is really great because it is a mirror and has a touch of femininity too.

18. abeachcottage says:

What a very creative way to use a mirror. Love it! and it matches the candlesticks well.

19. Kindra-At Home With K says:

I had a mirror almost like this when I was little. I should of kept it! I love that you repainted the metal. The mirror completes the look of your fun display! Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten today!!

20. You rescued a great piece! It's amazing what a little soap and water can do, huh? If I buy anything dishwasher safe, I always run it through a cycle and am AMAZED at the wonderful change. Your paint is great for the mirror! Love it.

21. Jena @ Involving Color says:

Love the way your centerpiece turned out! Really pretty.

22. Christine says:

this looks great! I love it with the candles, it makes it so inviting

23. Ashley @ Coffee and Apple Juice says:

I found a mirror just like that one at the Goodwill last summer… funny I just kind of stumbled upon your blog today…. I did the same thing with spray paint… right now I have it displayed on a shelf with an empty bright blue frame and some other pretties!! My mirror was brass before though, people were looking at me like I was crazy when they saw how excited I got when I found it!!

24. Serendipity Chic Design says:

So elegant and romantic…..

Take care,
    Lisa

25. The DIY Show Off says:

It's so pretty! I can't wait to add a little pretty/romance (and spring) to my home – once our kitchen is done! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity in the DIY Project Parade! :)

Have a wonderful week!
    Roeshel

26. Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

Pretty! What a great revamp! I'm featuring this project tomorrow at My Backyard Eden. Thanks for linking up!

27. How cute! I found one of these at GW and painted mine with Krylon Brushed Metallic and it turned out lovely! Thank you for sharing your beautiful center piece! I’m not following you. Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com any time!

28. want a simple classy idea and look. I found your link at the Spring link party at Thrifty Decor Chick. I hope you come over to my blog and visit. :-) B-T-W, what kind of a dog is Buckley? He’s adorable!