My DIY Bathroom Makeover

When I moved into my parent’s basement, I was so excited to give everything a fresh and new look.  Here’s how the bathroom looked before:

Mom, I love you, but I never loved that faux window!  We stripped that off of the wall, as well as the wallpaper border.  We gave it a fresh coat of white paint.  White paint is like an instant face lift…I love it!
This is how it looks like today:
*Squeal!* Doesn’t it look so cute?!  I am so excited with how it turned out!
Total cost for the makeover:
Bathmat (from Ross): $5.99
Shutter decoration: $6.40
Plywood wall hanging: Free
Green reeds: $9.99
Total Cost: $22.38

I am so excited to see the cost of that mini-makeover…just over $20!

What are your thoughts on the bathroom transformation?!  I am LOVING it!

Linking up to:
Thrifty Decor Chick
Pin It

Related posts:

Comments

1. A Lived in Home says:

Totally creative and adorable! Love the shutters turned planter and the artwork! great job! Come check me out. http://www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com
    I'm your newest follower.

2. Suburbsmama says:

Very Cute! I love it

3. Kendall says:

Wow! That looks so great- I love the stripes!! Good job!

-Kendall
    {songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

4. Allison {A Glimpse Inside} says:

Looks fabulous!! Love your art over the toilet! Super cute!

5. So cute! I love the nautical colors!!

6. The punches of yellow are so perfect! Great job.

7. I love it!!! It looks awesome!! Your little shutter planter is great!

8. What Sadie Did says:

What a fab makeover – and I can't believe the price!! Wow!!

Sadie x

9. studio1404 says:

Love this! I'm turning my red and gold bathroom into a black/white/gold (tile) bathroom. Fabulous inspiration!!!

10. Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims says:

so fun!!!! I especially love that plywood project, it turned out so sticking good looking!

11. Kelli @ RTSM says:

Awesome makeover! I love the yellow and blue together, and those shutters are great! Stopping by from Serentiy Now!

12. Huge transformation!! It looks awesome!! Great job!! Can't wait to see the tutorials!!

13. Jessica says:

i agree, this is better than the faux window : ) i love the wall art! i need to know how to do that!!! i may have to steal it : )

14. Kelsey @ Tattered and Inked says:

It's beautiful! You did a great job- I'm in love with how you used the shutters :)

15. Beachside Cottage says:

Awesome! One of the best redos I've seen and for such a great price :o) – really lovely, dramatic makeover – super job!

I'm your Newest Follower visiting from Serenity's blog hop! Nice to meet you!

Looking forward to more of your redos!

Happy Weekend!

Linda

16. Decorchick! says:

SO cute girl!! I love it!! Now you need the target rosette pillow to go in there! haha. Great job!

17. Elizabeth@themustardceiling says:

So cute! I love the navy, white and yellow color scheme you used…very chic. Happy weekend.

18. the cape on the corner says:

how great! i love the color combo and that shutter planter! great idea!

19. That is too cute!! I love all the horizontal lines, and the colors! And I can't forget the PRICE!!! Cheap makeovers are the best, and what a difference!
    I found you from Serenity Now; great project!

20. This turned out great! I'm a fan of anything with stripes.

21. Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

Oh, wow! Doesn't even look like the same room. Bravo! Love the yellow "planter" you added…gives the room a nice extra pop of color. Great work! Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading, and also for linking back to me! :)

22. Nice job!!! I do like yellow and navy together as well, so fun! I’ve got this linked to my bathrooms post too today, well done!

23. Just love the colors and the bath mat and your shutter planter is amazing!

Linda
    Linda @ it all started with paint recently posted..off the gridMy Profile

24. Beautiful! Wondering if plunger and bowl cleaner could be hidden inside the shutter decoration…

25. I just found you on twitter and am now a follower. You had me at “I may be the cheapest person you’ll ever meet”. Love this bathroom makeover. I can’t believe you did it all for $22. I really love the plywood art. I’m a sucker for white and navy stripes.
    Danielle @ 2 Little Superheroes recently posted..One Pan Roast ChickenMy Profile