I so wanted to share projects with you before Christmas…but then it would ruin the surprise for the recipients! SO – here’s some of the favorite things I gave & made this Christmas:
I made 3 of these (2 for my lovely classroom assistants & 1 for my hubby’s boss). I made little labels on Picnik and glued them onto pieces of Scrapbook paper. I then folded the scrapbook paper lengthwise and stapled it to the top of a ziplock bag. My husband’s boss thought they were professionally done!!
- Baskets from Ross
- Candle from Ross
- Homemade peppermint marshmallows (recipe from Martha Stewart) in a recycled Frappachino container
- Pretzel Rollo Pecan bites (idea found on The Sweet Life last year)
- Hot chocolate stirring sticks (idea from Brown Paper Packages)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels (recipe from my mother-in-law)
- Chocolates & Pirouettes
- Glittery Initial ornament from Target
- Red basket filler from the Dollar Store
Letter Photo Art
I loved this project! I actually made 2 of them – one for my parents & one for my brother & sister in law. I got the idea from Shanty 2 Chic – she has a great tutorial over on her site!
Those were my bigger handmade projects this year – but I wanted to share my 3 favorite presents I bought this year too:
1. Pillow covers from Lands End
- Bought these for my parents & in-laws – got the beige one pictured and also the light blue ones. I saw these first at 6th Street Design School
2. Filgree Earrings from Pick Your Plum
- I spray-painted these and gave them to my sister and sister-in-law…and I may have made a few pairs for myself
- I am in love with Bonnie’s merchandise – her style is fun & the quality of her pieces are amazing! My sister loved this gift!
So there’s a glimpse at my favorite things I gave/made this Christmas … which one is your favorite? Did you hand-make any gifts this year? If so, leave a comment with the link – I’d love to see it!Pin It