So glad you’ve found my site! Here’s a little bit about me:
- I’ve been married to my college sweetheart since 2008
- We have 2 adorable kiddos almost 2 years apart
- We have a rescue dog (who would like to think he’s our third child)
- I’m a former Autistic Support teacher (read all about how/why I left my tenured teaching career here)
- We bought our first house in 2013 when I was pregnant with our son. It was a cosmetic fixer upper – a 1920’s craftsman twin that we loved!
- We put in a bid at an auction for a REAL fixer upper when I was pregnant with my daughter – and we were the only people who bid on the house! It’s a fun story – read all about it here.
- We have worked day and night for over a year (with help from our family!) to fix up our 1902 Victorian house into our forever home. We run on coffee, Jesus and paint fumes 😉
- I’ve chronicled all of our room makeovers here – take a look to see how far this house has come!
- I’d label my style as “refined farmhouse”. I strive for our home to have a cozy, uncluttered but lived-in, timeless feel. We love to incorporate wood in various tones, metal (especially copper and matte black), handmade items, and vintage pieces. We also love to add texture – shiplap, wood walls, wood ceilings, beams, etc. (see how to get a farmhouse feel in your home here)
You can also find me on: