- I’ve been married to my college sweetheart since 2008
- We have 2 adorable kiddos almost 2 years apart
- We have a rescue dog (who would like to think he’s our third child)
- I’m a former Autistic Support teacher (read all about how/why I left my tenured teaching career here)
- We bought our first house in 2013 when I was pregnant with our son. It was a cosmetic fixer upper – a 1920’s craftsman twin that we loved!
- We put in a bid at an auction for a REAL fixer upper when I was pregnant with my daughter – and we were the only people who bid on the house! It’s a fun story – read all about it here.
- We have worked day and night for over a year (with help from our family!) to fix up our 1902 Victorian house into our forever home. We run on coffee, Jesus and paint fumes 😉
- I’ve chronicled all of our room makeovers here – take a look to see how far this house has come!
- I’d label my style as “refined farmhouse”. I strive for our home to have a cozy, uncluttered but lived-in, timeless feel. We love to incorporate wood in various tones, metal (especially copper and matte black), handmade items, and vintage pieces. We also love to add texture – shiplap, wood walls, wood ceilings, beams, etc. (see how to get a farmhouse feel in your home here)
I love taking my readers alongside us as we share our adventures with remodeling a house with two little kids. It’s busy, it’s messy, and it usually never goes as planned!
But this isn’t just about us – my passion is to inspire your own adventure! Whether that’s painting a piece of furniture for the first time, getting the courage to tackle your first DIY house project, or even working on remodeling your own home. No project is too big or too small, and all of them are celebrated!
Make sure you’re following along on social media – I love sharing my design inspiration, behind the scenes stories, and sneak peeks!
Anyone else on Snapchat? I’m new and it’s so much fun! Find me at “christinasadven”
Make sure you’re subscribed to my e-mail list for exclusive freebies & announcements!