Over here, we do imperfect.
We do real.
We have limited budgets, not enough sleep, and big dreams.
Every day is an adventure – and one we love sharing with you.
We’re working on making our fixer upper a home – one project at a time.
I believe in making a beautiful home on a budget, so we can enjoy life with our families in a space that we love.
- I’ve been married to my college sweetheart since 2008
- We have 3 adorable kiddos (born in 2013, 2015 & 2018)
- We have a rescue dog (who would like to think he’s our fourth child)
- I’m a former Autistic Support teacher (read all about how/why I left my tenured teaching career here)
- We bought our first house in 2013 when I was pregnant with our son. It was a cosmetic fixer upper – a 1920’s craftsman twin that we loved!
- We put in a bid at an auction for a REAL fixer upper when I was pregnant with my second – and we were the only people who bid on the house! It’s a fun story – read all about it here.
- We have worked day and night for over a year (with help from our family!) to fix up our 1902 Victorian house into our forever home. We run on coffee, Jesus and paint fumes 😉
- I’ve chronicled all of our room makeovers here – take a look to see how far this house has come!
I love taking my readers alongside us as we share our adventures with remodeling a house with three little kids. It’s busy, it’s messy, and it usually never goes as planned!
But this isn’t just about us – my passion is to inspire your own adventure! Whether that’s painting a piece of furniture for the first time, getting the courage to tackle your first DIY house project, or even working on remodeling your own home. No project is too big or too small, and all of them are celebrated!
Make sure you’re subscribed to my e-mail list for exclusive freebies & announcements – and to get your FREE ebook about how to add character to any home on any budget!