This apple praline pie will be your go-to fall recipe for years to come.
I am beyond excited for FALL! Ever since I left my teaching career, I have been looking forward to fall instead of having it be a bittersweet time of the year.
One of my most favorite things about fall is this pie. No lie. When I think about fall, I think about apple picking, which immediately brings my thoughts to this AMAZING apple praline pie. Guys – this is SO GOOD. It’s a total crowd pleaser, but it’s seriously easy to make. But you don’t have to tell anyone that – just let them compliment you and pretend like you spent hours slaving over it! (Pro tip: use my affiliate link for this device to make this pie SO easily – seriously…it’s a lifesaver!)
The actual pie itself it amazing, but the topping takes it to a whole new level. I get asked for the recipe EVERY time I make this pie!
- 5 large apples (or 6 medium apples)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 pie crusts (I use Pillsbury)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBSP milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place one pie crust in a 9 inch pie dish. Set aside.
- Peel and chop the apples. Mix with the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour into the prepared pie dish. Cover with the second pie crust. Crimp the edges and make ventilation holes in the top of the pie.
- Cook for 40 minutes at 425 degrees.
- While the pie is cooking, combine all of the topping ingredients into a small saucepan and stir over medium heat. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once the pie is out of the oven and the topping has cooled, pour the topping over the top of the pie. Allow it to sit for another 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Make sure you pin this recipe so you can wow all of your friends and family!
Like this post? You’ll also like: