I know I sound like a broken record- but I am SO EXCITED for spring!! One of the ways I pretend it’s warmer than it is is to cook with some of my favorite spring/summer ingredients, and it doesn’t get much better than lemons & blueberries. I *die* over this combination!
In an effort to resurrect this flavor combination after a dreadfully long winter, I decided to try and tweak my scone recipe to make some deliciously fluffy yet creamy muffins. And it totally worked.
One of the stars of this recipe is this *new* Coffee-Mate Extra Sweet & Creamy creamer.
I’m not usually so into flavored creamers, but this isn’t flavored. It’s sweet and creamy – and it legitimately makes my coffee taste JUST like my favorite guilty-pleasure drive-thru coffee. Not even exaggerating. I’m not one of those black-coffee-loving girls. I love my cream & sugar – and this creamer gives me the sweetness I want with just the right amount of cream – SO GOOD!
So not only does it taste amazing, but it’s going to save me a TON of money (those little donut shop trips add up quickly!) There’s a chance to win your own Extra Sweet & Creamy creamer at the bottom of the post – yay!
Ok – so these muffins. Would you judge me if I told you they were all gone the day after I baked them? If you would – then that totally didn’t happen. I can guarantee you these will not last long in your house either!
- 3 TBSP Coffee-Mate Extra Sweet & Creamy Creamer
- 1 small container of lemon greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 egg
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 tsp. lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl (creamer, yogurt, oil, egg, lemon juice)
- Combine dry ingredients in smaller bowl (flour, lemon zest, sugar, baking powder & baking soda)
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients - stir until just incorporated
- Fold in blueberries
- Divide into greased muffin tins
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched
- When muffins have slightly cooled, add glaze on top (powdered sugar mixed with 1.5 tsp. lemon juice)
So are you ready to win some Coffee-Mate of your own?! One lucky winner will win 5 full-value product coupons (a $20 value).
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.